Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lesson in Preparedness

Yesterday we had the great pleasure of being invited out to a friend's campsite to visit. We were going to see a friend of mine who I had worked with at the U of A hospital and her family, and the family they vacation with. This was their 12th year in a row camping in Osoyoos so I guess I should have figured they'd have a fantastic beachside spot.
At the last minute I threw a swimsuit of Layla's in my purse but didn't let her see so she wouldn't have any expectations, and luckily we spend enough days on the beach to warrant having an army of beach equipment (floaties, life jacket, water wings, pails, etc) in the back of my van. I had no idea we were in for a day of boating, tubing, swimming and so forth so unfortunately for my first blog I don't even have any pictures!

As a newcomer to blogging I realize I will need to keep a camera on me at all times, and as a newcomer to the Okanagan I realize I need to keep swimsuits and towels with me at all time as impromptu beach days seem to keep catching me riding home with wet shorts.

Of course I don't want my first blog to be without a photo so I am posting one in response to mom's last blog about Layla and Chester. This was taken last night. She insists on snuggling "someone with bones" when she goes to bed so this has become Chester's duty. We caught him mid yawn. I also included some shots of Layla practicing her rollerskating in our living room. Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging now. You should link yours to mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're joining the blogging community. I'll bookmark yours for easy access. Keep that camera handy.

    ReplyDelete