Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vaseux Lake

On Saturday we were cruisin' and we decided to stop at Vaseux Lake. This lake is about 10 km north of our house on the way to Penticton. Although we have passed it hundreds of times we had not yet stopped to explore. What we discovered is that we were really missing out.


It turns out there is a beautiful path leading to an awesome boardwalk that follows the Vaseux Lake and Nature Reserve. It wasn't a very long walk so we did it twice.





We took Greg's vehicle instead of the van and forgot the stroller so Greg, being the trooper that he is, carried our baby carrier the whole way.


It was a very windy day, and the sun was only peeking through periodically. Here is Layla and I taking a break.




Chester thinks he has to go in the water on every walk. Crazy dog.





Layla thinks she has to throw rocks in the water on every walk. Crazy girl.





Layla in the look out tower.








Lays and I taking the leap down. Her idea of course, as I was in heals.


Lays and I having a race. It's just not a walk if we're not having races.














There were about 30 beautiful swans on the lake but I couldn't zoom in enough to get a great shot.







This is Layla yelling at me to "Hurry UPPP!"


We still have a lot to discover in the South Okanagan but I think we've got a good head start. It is the most amazing place I've ever been and I can't believe it is my home. It hasn't come without its sacrifices but I can see clearly now that it's all been worth it. I wish I could take better pictures or more pictures but you will all just have to keep coming to see for yourself. I can assure you that every time you come we will have discovered something else new and wonderful here to show you.




3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Mary - I love the one you you and Layla with your hair blowing all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're finally wearing jackets...

    ReplyDelete