Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas '09

Another Christmas has come and gone, and now all that's left is a mess of new toys, and a few extra pounds around the waistline.

This year was a busy Christmas for us. I worked Christmas Eve so Greg prepared a delicious roast beef dinner for when I got home. That evening we opened up all of the gifts under the tree.
Christmas morning we woke the kids up early so they could see what Santa had brought for them. We ate a big breakfast and by 8am we were on the road headed to Southern Alberta to visit family.
We stayed in Magrath with Greg's parents but we also got the opportunity to spend some time with my parent's in Lethbridge, my Aunt Cheryl who lives in Raymond, and Greg's Aunt and Uncle who live in Raymond.
The highways on the way home were awful. There were accidents everywhere. We battled heavy snowfall, thick fog, and icy conditions throughout the mountain passes and beyond.
The kids were very excited when we got home as they finally got to play with all of their new toys. Layla's favourites this year are her musical instruments including guitar, piano, microphone and Hannah Montana Stage. Baron's favourite is definitely his basketball hoop. Considering his limited vocabulary we are amazed at how well and how often he says "ba-het ball! ba-het ball!" I am going to get some serious biceps with all of the lifting I do so that he can put the ball in the hoop. I'm glad he loves it though. My favourite gift was a painting of a penguin done by Layla, and framed by her school. Greg says his favourite gift was the contributions made towards winter tires for our van because without them we would not have seen our family this Christmas, and family is THE greatest gift of all. HIS words NOT mine so save your "oh geeeeez" for Greg.
And that was Christmas for the Bournes this year. Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!!

4 comments:

  1. It was so nice to see you guys this week. I agree with Greg's sentiments. Geeez. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh oh oh! I got snow tires too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is one super-cool Hannah Montana stage! My girls would be green with envy. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess my new tires will be an anniversary present 'cause no one has as swell of an anniversary was the Qs.

    ReplyDelete