Friday, December 4, 2009

Me and My PAL

The last day of my twenties I was lucky enough to spend with my favourite PAL, my little Layla Faye.


Every month Layla's kindergarten class invites the parents to spend half of the school day learning the best methods to help our children learn to read and write. They call this PALS, which stands for Parents as Literary Supporters.




Layla and I had fun using flash cards, searching for letters in the sand, painting, drawing, and reading. It is so great to be able to see her interact with her peers and watch the progress she has made so far in school.

I am so proud of my little angel and can not think of a better way to spend a day than watching her learn and progress into a beautiful little lady.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great school Layla is going to - so nice that you can be involved in her learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you do with Big B?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! You got your hair cut -- it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They provide child-minding in the gymnasium for any "un-invited" siblings. Baron goes and shoots hoops.

    PS Thanks Ames - I cut it myself:)

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete