Sunday, August 31, 2008

Never send a Daddy to do a Mommy's Job


Shortly after I put Layla to bed last night, Greg and I heard soft footsteps upstairs. I sent Greg to get her back in bed and about 10 minutes later, Layla came prancing downstairs in Greg's bandana, with him following with a shameful grin.




Of course she looked too cute to scold so I got out the camera instead. Her and her Dad practiced making faces for all of the emotions she could remember (scared,sad,happy,surprised,etc). Then we all got puppy kisses and went back to bed, yes that is Chester's tongue slobbering up my lips and nose, uck.




I asked Greg how he got from putting her to bed, to dressing her up and he just shook his head and said he didn't know. My four year old has already learned to tap into her cuteness to get what she wants and although we often realize what she's doing, its still very difficult not to comply. I know, we have a looong road ahead.









3 comments:

  1. thumbs up for getting the camera out! you're pictures too cute. we're reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping you can come for C's party! she's been asking me about it EVERY day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute in Greg's bandana. I'm sure she won't be permanently scarred by her 'after bedtime' activities. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these shots are adorable. you should scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete