Thursday, August 28, 2008

Visit from the Newly Weds

Despite missing their wedding on Saturday, we were lucky enough to have Emily and Allan visit with us in Oliver on their way to Seattle. They arrived Tuesday evening and stayed until Wednesday evening. With them, their friend Christian. No one was more excited than Layla to see "Princess Emily" as she was coined after Layla finished looking at all the wedding pictures with me.

We had a great couple of days giving them a tour of the area, attending wine tastings, barbecuing, eating ice cream and going for walks. These were the only 2 pictures I took but Emily has many more of which I will have to get copies. It's been very nice that so many of my family and friends have made it all the way over the mountains to visit us since we've lived here. We look forward to the rest of you coming in the upcoming years.

4 comments:

  1. "Who's that kid sitting beside them?"
    "It's Layla"
    "No. She looks different..Bigger. How many is she?"
    "She's the same as the last time you saw her."
    "No. She's bigger."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming that dialogue posted by Sara is between Sara and Charlie.

    Nice to see the newlyweds arrived safely. I know what excellent hosts you and Greg are and how willing you are to tour us around. Did you go to Burrowing Owl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look terrible in these photos, hopefully I have ones where I don't look like I weigh 400 lbs :/. I had a blast visiting you guys, definitely the highlight of my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we went to Burrowing Owl and Jackson Triggs which is on our street and was the favoured choice for everyone.

    ReplyDelete