Thursday, December 11, 2008

More December Fun

Instead of making a full gingerbread house, this year Layla promised our neighbours that she would make some gingerbread men for them. So we made 4 cookies, two for us and two for them. I made 2, and Layla made 2.


Can you guess who made which?


Layla is done the first half of her skating lessons and is doing great. She can skate, stop and even do a full spin. The skating coach has her own daughter in the class and her and Layla have an unspoken rivalry.




Here is Abbie, the coach's daughter, and Layla.


At the end of every class, they have to skate around picking up balls and putting them away. Here is Layla picking up a ball.



Chester and Baron continue to bond. Here's some shots of me and my boys.


We still go on family walks although not as often as we did in the summer. The horses have gotten to know us, or so it seems, and come over when we get near.

Layla loves to feed them and they let her pet them. Chester is dissinterested in them. He prefers to be the "big dog" I guess.

Here is a picture of God shining down on Oliver, or as the people here call it "God's land"

4 comments:

  1. I was inspired by your gingerbread house last year, and decided to try it with the kids this year. We're doing it this weekend..we'll see how it goes! We might be ditching it for cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In those pics from a distance she looks like us at that age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary and Greg!
    how are you? I was just looking for blogs of people I know - and I found you :) Oh man it seems that a lot of things dit happen the last years... Its me, Kat, Emilys crazy german exchange girl, which stayed a few month in Edmonton(~2002), do you remember..? You both (Greg and you) went with me to the rockys and so on, ist was so much fun I had with you, I'll never forget :)
    Looking at your blog was very nice-to see how happy you seem to be-with your kids and your dog =)
    I dont have very much time today (I'm student at a medical school and next week there is a big big test and I should be learning instead of surfing in the internet...) so I won't tell you so much about me today (but maybe next week.. ) But I just wanted to write you this little message to say that I remember you and that I whish you a great time with a very nice christmas - enjoy the time, have fun...
    a lot of hugs =)
    Katrizzle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ---oh I forgot - if you want to write me, my email-adress is fanyo@gmx.de

    ReplyDelete