Friday, December 5, 2008

Party Hardy

It's been a busy week. Besides the usual hustle bustle of December that Christmas brings, this week we celebrated a few birthdays, Christmas and said good bye to a couple of friends.


It started on Friday when we had a few friends over for a get together. Chris was the golf pro at Sonora Dunes where Greg works and him and his fiance, Deb became good friends of ours. Last weekend they moved back to New Brunswick so we had a party to say good bye, celebrate Deb's birthday and their new engagement. After the kids went to bed, we got a pizza and had a great time. Chester loves when we have company and spent the evening lying by our feet under the table.


Wednesday was the Town of Oliver's Christmas celebration. They had a great show of fireworks, hay rides, Santa, and a big bonfire. Layla immediately found her friend, Cassady, from preschool and the two were inseparable for the whole night.







Thursday was my 29th birthday. Greg suprised me by adorning me with a light-up crown, beads and other misc party supplies. Because it is just the 3 of us to eat cake, for Greg and I's bday we both requested the most delicous brownie ever made from Save On. Mmmmm. Then we're not left with left over stale cake for weeks after. It was delicous. I felt like a pampered princess. It was also the first time in my life that I had a bbq on my birthday...still can't believe I really live here.





So it was a pretty exciting week for the Bournes. Next up...Christmas and New Years. Life's just one big party.

6 comments:

  1. Great fireworks pictures. Glad you had a fun birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie says, "heeeeeeeeey! why wasn't I invited?!?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, we're having poker night this Saturday Mike, you in? Sara, let me know if Charlie will be attending so I can make an extra shirley temple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birthday's over. That means we expect Christmas tree pics.

    ReplyDelete