Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Love Winter, well, sort of anyways...

Well, I wouldn't have been disappointed had it not snowed at all this winter but there is a saying that inspires me to make the best of a situation. It's a bit cheesy but here it goes .."Life isn't about waiting for the snow to melt, its about learning to chase in the snow." I don't remember where I heard this and it may not be an exact quote but it did the trick. In fact, I'm thinking about having it put on a poster to motivate me and anyone else who sees it. Alright, alright, so anyone who reads Sara's blog knows I am on the verge of plagiarism but what she says just rang so true to me in this situation. I am not trying to make fun, its good advice.
So with record snowfall here in Oliver and temperatures close to zero we spent the afternoon playing outside.
We chased and tackled.
We made snow angels.
Chester ate snow, only the white stuff. He may lick himself, but even he has his limits.
We had a snowball fight.
And we even made a Polly Pocket city using our beach toys.
It was the most fun I've had in the snow for as long as I can remember so I'm so glad that I didn't just sit inside waiting for the snow to melt. Today we'll do it all again. You never know how long the snow will be here so better make use of it while we can.
Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

  1. looks like fun! and i know you were mocking me, but i don't care.
    it's too cold here to do those things outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you can play in snow without freezing your nose off. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get some more wear out of Layla's snowpants while they still fit her, eh?

    ReplyDelete