Monday, April 6, 2009

Wormy and Friends



Spring is here and with temperatures around 20 degrees all weekend we were very busy. We bought Layla a "new to us" swing set and got that set up this weekend. We also removed some trees from our back yard and about a million iris's. We decided to start from scratch with our yard so spring will be filled with removing plants, trees, rock beds, etc until we can start bringing in our own flavour.



Sunday morning while Greg and I were digging out roots and such, Layla found an earthworm. She decided to keep it as a pet and name him Wormy. She took Wormy on her swings, down her slide and showed him around our yard. She even found Wormy's mom and dad and let them all play together. I was surprised she was able to do all this without accidentally squishing one of them. I declined her offers to take a turn holding them. I hope she doesn't get too upset the next time we go fishing and have to stab a hook through worms. Yuck.





We also went on some long walks and bike rides. We haven't seen any snakes yet this year but they have left their remnants on the path so I know they're out of hibernation. Last April they were everywhere so I'm sure we'll see them soon. Baron joined our walks in his snuggly for the first time, instead of a stroller. He loved it. He giggled and screeched with excitement as he watched his sister ride her bike, and watched the dog splash through the river. He did manage to fall asleep in the snuggly on the way back which was cute. I guess it was all too much for him to take in. I should have taken my camera on the walk but without the stroller I didn't I didn't have anywhere to put it.


3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of her holding up the worm.
    When I went fishing with Gary we used sliced up beef hearts..that may be less traumatizing than worms!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots of Greg. HA! You guys got to do some worm composting. You're killin' me with the irises. I 'm just trying to get some to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids have no bug phobias (except for wasps cuz they've ALL been stung) and will pick them up and bring them to me at random. But I'm like you -- I will not touch or hold one -- not even lady bugs. Dad's golf tourney has been cancelled, did anyone inform you? By the way, it's Amy but your blog doesn't let me leave my name anymore.

    ReplyDelete