Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Heat Wave

BC has been in the midst of a heat wave. I love the heat but after weeks of getting to 35-45 degrees your mind starts to get a little loopy. Our home is equipped with central A/C but the needle on our thermostat has been at the max reading, which is 30. On Thursday I got our power bill and decided that since the A/C didn't seem to be making much of a difference on our temp, but a huge difference on our bill...I made the executive decision to turn it off.


The next day I left Greg and the kids for a weekend house boating excursion. When Greg got home from work on Friday this is what he found.




At first Greg began to question Layla about the candles until he realized that the only culprit capable of bending the candles that way was extreme heat. They melted so much that they now touch the table.


So I guess the A/C was making a difference. I'll say it... I WAS WRONG.

My first day back from my trip we found better ways of beating the heat. We went on 2 walks that day and they both resulted in spontaneous dips in the river with all of our clothes on. So much fun!


Ugh, I can't get the videos of us all swinging into the river uploaded here so you will just have to use your imagination. Greg and I swung out by ourselves and then tried holding on together and swinging which took us way farther into the river. Great great fun.

4 comments:

  1. you'd think going for a walk would make you hotter. looks like fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm envious of your heat wave! It only reached 18 degrees in Edmonton today. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fun! how was your house boating trip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen candles do that - must have been sooo hot in your house. I don't like the heat unless there's a pool in the back yard!

    ReplyDelete