Thursday, October 16, 2008

Growing Up Waaaay too Fast

Layla is only 4 years old but since starting preschool she seems to have aged 10 years! Everyday I look forward to hearing about Layla's activities at school but the last few weeks she's been blowing me away.
Well, Layla has a crush. Dominic. She chases him around asking him to marry her and is crushed when he says no. "But mom! I told him he was handsome and he still doesn't want to marry me! I guess I'll marry Silus, he said he would."
Her and Dominic have a strange relationship now from what I've observed. I have seen her demand for him to come over and see Baron, all the kids come, except Dominic. Then the next day, Dominic makes a point to say good bye to Layla as we are leaving and she just turns and giggles.
Yesterday, Dominic came up to me and introduced himself. What a gentleman. "what is your name?" he says. What a cutie.
I don't remember having crushes at that age so I wasn't prepared to deal with this. It's just killing Greg to hear her talk about it. She is so serious when she is describing how "handsome" he is and so forth, and why he just won't marry her, and asking me what she should do. It stresses her out. Oh poor Greg, its only just begun...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Dominic was playing hard to get. Hope Greg lives through her teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like you when you were little in the third picture down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least she calls him "handsome" and not "hot."

    ReplyDelete