Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ready to Fly

When Layla was 2, we got her a pair of Nike Shox (Nike shoes with the spring like soles). We called them Rockets and she ate it up. Yesterday she got her 3rd pair in the mail, and Baron got a pair of little Nike Jordan's. They are an exact replica of Greg's favorite pair he wore in high school. I also got a pair of Shox which have a chip in them that transmits my running info to my Ipod and downloads to my computer in the form of graphs telling my my distance, calories, and pace.
The "rockets" have become a family affair. We wear them on our walks together. Cousin Max HB joined the rockets club on his last birthday and also bought into the rocket fever.

At the post office while picking them up Layla told the clerk that her rockets were in the package. You should have seen the look on his face before I clarified what rockets were to her. I think they frown upon sending explosives over the border in the mail.
Right now Layla and Greg have gone golfing together. This is Layla's first time but she really wanted to go. She'll probably just end up driving the cart but they'll have fun nonetheless.

5 comments:

  1. Do you do a lot of online shopping? It's addictive!
    Your shoes sound amazing...I'll have to get me a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a small town so online shopping is practically all I've got! And you should get the shoes cause you push yourself harder when you know its going to show your speed and distance after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite the shoe affair. Papa would be proud of Layla for wanting to golf with Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were kidding about the downloading shoes. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete