Saturday, October 18, 2008

Slow Mooovin' Saturday

We are lucky enough to still be enjoying 20+ degree weather here in late October so we decided to head to the Penticton farmers market on main street this morning. We picked up an adorable beaded purse for Layla and a number of organic peppers for ourselves. We enjoyed some live music and the beautiful scenery of Pentictons downtown. The flowers still in bloom, the sun shining off the lake, and the colors of fall on the trees. (I should have just taken a picture)

We gave Layla some money for her new purse and headed to the dollar store so she could buy something. After choosing some watercolor paints we headed back home for lunch.

After lunch we decided to take the dog for a walk. Layla brought her new purse just in case we stopped for a treat. On the way, we came accross 20-30 cows crossing the road together. I sat and watched them cross kicking myself for not having my camera.

We went for a nice walk, stopping to throw rocks in the pond and run through vast green spaces. When we got to the treat store after our walk we realized we no longer had Layla's new purse. ARGH! She only had it for 2 hours and it was full of money.


I dropped Baron, Layla, and Greg off at home and went back to the path to look for her purse (this time with my camera). I was very relieved to find a very kind person had found her purse and hung it on the gateway of the path. I took the dog for another walk anyways so as not to tease him.


On my way home I decided to stop and take pictures at an old barn and old house that my photographer sister enjoyed shooting during her visit. This is also the spot where I sat earlier that day while cows crossed the road. As I was standing taking pictures I was startled by a moooing right behind me. Could it be? Imagine my luck! The cows had returned and brought a couple of horse pals. They must have realized I came back with my camera. I managed to take quite a few pictures but whenever I got too close I was mooed away.


Here are some cows knee deep sliding down a sandy embankment.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice day. I envy your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have pictures of that old barn now - it's so photogenic. Glad you're learning to keep your camera handy - you never know when a photo op will present itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your angle on the second picture of the barn.

    can't see any evidence of the season changing! must be nice!

    ReplyDelete