Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So This is Spring Then?

Well, we've been flirting with spring here in Oliver for the past month or so. A contrast to last years Jan/Feb where there was no snow, or temps below say 5 degrees. So its the worst winter the Okanagan has seen in a long time, I'm over it, lets move on. Last week we were enjoying a beautiful sunny day, about 10 degrees when all of a sudden a storm came over the mountain and within a couple of hours our lawns were once again covered with snow.

On Monday morning Layla and I decided to build a snowman, and then another, and then another, and then another. It was plus 8 so the snow was melting as we built but we kept going anyway.



We built a Daddy snowman, a Mommy snowman, and a Baron and Layla snowman.







Here is what is left of the snowmen at 230 in the afternoon the same day we built them. By the next day they were nothing but a memory.

Today, the snow has disappeared and it is a sunny 12 degree day so I will be spending my afternoon raking the lawn, Baron willing. With spring comes loads of yard work and I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. is that sarcasm? or do you really like yardwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad short life of a snowman...but where is your snowdog? How negligent to leave out such an important member of your family. I bet they snow people melted quickly because Chester lifted his leg on each of them in protest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - I really do like yardwork, and since this is my first time having a yard of my own, not pregnant, it is very exciting!

    Mom - Layla was insisting on making a snowdog but the only snow left already had a bit too much dog in it if you know what I mean. He wasn't forgotten though, and he didn't pee on them although I thought he might and kept the camera close whenever he strolled past them but no such "luck".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll move there someday. I couldn't go to work today because highway 21 was a death trap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, was looking for a snow-Chester. Looks like fun. It's -24 today and we're in the "when's winter going to be gone" funk.

    ReplyDelete