Saturday, June 27, 2009

Baron Joins the Party

When I take my kids to the beach it is sometimes difficult to manage a baby on the shore and a 4 year old in the water. I had taken Baron out in the water in my arms but he seems set on me flashing everyone else there by consistently trying to pull my swimsuit top off. I had seen pictures of my niece, Eloise, floating around in her pool in some sort of baby floatie and decided I need one.



It didn`t take long to find one. Actually I found it at the convenient store down the street. Yesterday afternoon we headed over to Tuc Ul Nuit Lake in Oliver to try it out for the first time. Greg thought that since it was only 26˚ C that it was too cold for Baron to go in the water. He played on the sand for awhile and then I sat him in the water on the shore to see how he reacted. He loved it.



Meanwhile Layla made a friend and was looking for tadpoles, practicing her swimming, and having a good time.





So then I figured he was used to the water, which in the summer is about 23˚ C. We put him in the floatie and he spent the rest of the afternoon floating around the lake with a big grin on his face. Our beach days when Greg is at work just got a LOT easier, and more enjoyable. What a wonderful invention.







4 comments:

  1. I just realized how much he looks like a chubby-cheeked version of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute - I like the canopy over it. He reminds me of Uncle Ken's baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, I AM the chubby-cheeked version of, Mary. Looks like lots of fun. -Amy

    ReplyDelete