Monday, June 15, 2009

Oliver Spray Park

For the last couple of days we have had beautiful weather in the mornings and then the threat of thunder showers in the afternoons. On Saturday we had planned to go to the beach but by the time Greg got home from work, we battled a brown recluse, and drove to OK falls the 32 degrees had turned to a chilly wind, and dark skies. Since we were already there we played at the park at the beach and then headed back home. The forecast was the same for Sunday so I didn't want to disappoint Layla by waiting for Greg to get home and miss the great weather. I packed up the kids but didn't say where we were going, this way I could back out if it was too crowded or the weather changed. We drove past the Oliver spray park and there were only a few families there so I pulled in.
Layla was so excited. We hadn't been there yet this year since they turned the water on. After reading my sister, Sara's blog about their spray park adventures in the city I was reminded why I enjoy living in a smaller community. Layla quickly found a friend who had attended her preschool last year and they played together. They were joined by another boy from the preschool about an hour later. We spent about an hour and a half there until Baron decided it was time to go.
Layla was showing off for her friend by doing tricks on the bars. Here she is swinging from one arm. Despite the other boys being a year older, Layla was the strongest and fastest of the bunch but she'll always play it cool, like she's not trying. I know otherwise. Once in awhile you'll see her get excited but she tries not to show it. I overheard some other parents remark on her physical abilities. In fact, I was told by some parents on their way out what a little athlete she looks like, and someone else told me she looks like a little gymnast. She would have been very happy to hear this as she loves her gymnastics class and works very hard at it. She gets that from her dad who also was very competitive and hard working at a young age.
We had a great time. I was so happy she found some friends to play with so I could spend my time pushing Baron on the swings or sitting in the shade.


5 comments:

  1. I love the Oliver Spray Park! We had fun there.
    I'm not sure it's big city (we had a great time at the spray park in phoenix), but rather the community itself we were in. shudder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that too Sara but didn't want to comment. Oliver seems to be the ideal place for your family Mary - lots of fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. any one have the address

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just off of Hwy 97 on 350St.

    ReplyDelete