Friday, June 19, 2009

Layla's Preschool Graduation


Yesterday was Layla's graduation from the Inkameep Preschool (Nk'mip). She was so excited she could hardly stand it! She had the day off school so I took her to Penticton and let her pick out a new dress to wear. She saw a lady stocking shelves at Walmart and ran up to her and told her she was looking for a new dress for graduation. Layla told her just what she was looking for and even though she was not a salesperson she kindly took some time to show Layla all of the dressy clothes they had in stock.

When Greg got home from work he surprised her with flowers and a card. She loved them. What a lucky girl to have a Dad that cares enough to make her feel so special on her "big day".




After supper we headed over to her school for the graduation ceremonies. It was difficult to hold back the tears when she walked out in her little cap and gown but thankfully I was able to hold it together.



Her class stood and sang a number of songs including Slippery Fish, I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee, 10 Little Monkeys Jumping on a Bed, the Inkameep Preschool Song, and a song about graduating preschool and heading to kindergarten. They also recited a poem about how they had grown over the past year. They did a fabulous job.
When that was done they received their diplomas and a scrapbook of photos and crafts they had done in class.
This was followed by cupcakes they had baked at school the day prior, cake and tea.




Layla with Teacher Shannon and Teacher Kathy.

8 comments:

  1. Great job mama. Little Layla Faye thank you for so many proud days, Mary you're setting a great example.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was your pretty school like?
    My last day I'm going to go in the morning and go to Let's Play.
    Love Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMom I want you to love me for ever and what I want ou to do mom is always follow me and stay with me forever and I love your shirt today.
    Dear Layla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Layla. It looks like an exciting time. Mary, you've really got to start scrapbooking all of these pictures you're taking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not have the time nor the money to scrapbook Mom! Isn't that what Grammie's are for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just print your blog to a photo book like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cap and gown. She looks so cute! Tell her congratulations for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations kiddo!

    ReplyDelete