Monday, May 25, 2009

It's Here, It's Really Here!!

With temperatures reaching 32 degrees this weekend it finally seems like summer is really here to stay. On Saturday we went for a walk that we hadn't yet done here before. We started on the walking bridge in OK Falls and continued for 45 minutes and then turned around and came back the same way. It was a beautiful walk following the edge of Skaha Lake but you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't bring my camera. That was a mistake. We'll take the camera next time. There were a few beach areas where we took a dip along the way but the gem of the walk had to be the hidden waterfall we found. It is tucked away in a cove, and not all that large but so picturesque. After our walk we stopped at the playground at the Skaha Beach (OK Falls side, not Penticton) before heading home.
At home, to stay cool Layla turned the sprinkler on and played on her swingset "in the rain". Baron chilled in the shade and did what he is best at, ate. Greg and Layla enjoyed running through the sprinkler.
Baron and Layla's sandbox was in a shaded area . Baron enjoyed getting his legs buried in the cool sand.
This is a northern flicker woodpecker on my front lawn. I swear I could do a blog just about different birds I see around here. I also found another robin's egg in our yard while mowing. Poor little birdies.

3 comments:

  1. we have the same sand box! Elly loves it too, but i feel like i have to give her a bath every night now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see Greg with some meat on his bones. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE flickers. We had one at our feeder last Fall. He almost knocked it down. The boys found the Super Soakers today. I overhear Sam saying, so very calmly, "Okay, Micah, get running. It's time to die."

    ReplyDelete