Monday, May 4, 2009

Papa's Oliver/Osoyoos Golf Trip

This year my Dad chose to have his annual golf trip in beautiful Osoyoos, BC! He arrived on Friday with my cousin, Mark and friend, Cory. Greg got them the employee rate at Spirit Ridge Resort where they got to stay in one of the villas overlooking vineyards and Lake Osoyoos. Friday they golfed the course Greg works for up at Spirit Ridge. Saturday they golfed Fairview course in Oliver which Dad said ranked in his top 7 courses he has ever played. Sunday they golfed Nk'mip Desert golf course down the street from our house which is ranked #2 in the South Okanagan (only behind Fairview). It sounded like they had a great time. It was Mark and Cory's first time to the Okanagan.


Sunday we had them all over to our house for a bbq. Layla was very excited to see her Papa. She had been upset that she couldn't go golfing with the boys. Baron, who is usually very shy, loved getting held and talked to by his Papa. I was quite impressed at my Dad's ability to win him over so quickly. Mark brought his guitar and sang some songs for Layla. We also listened to some of his recorded songs which Layla thought was just awesome. She told him repeatedly what a good singer he was and how much she liked his songs. After he left she told me she only wants to listen to Mark's songs forever. I also enjoyed his music, he is very talented and I look forward to getting my own copy of his cd. I guess living so far away from everyone, I was somehow overlooked during the distribution of his cd.


After dinner Mark wanted to put his feet in the lake so we went to the Oliver beach. It had been a beautiful day but you could see the rain moving in from the north. The kids had lots of fun on the swings with Papa.










Cory sat and enjoyed the beauty and serenity of the surroundings.





Layla pranced in the lake as usual, despite the falling temperature.



And everyone just had a good relaxed time.





As the rain moved in closer Mark suggested we head to Tickleberry's for ice cream. Dad had already introduced the boys to the Okanagan's largest ice cream store in Okanagan Falls and they loved it. Layla jumped at the chance and so off we went in what was now the pouring rain for some yummy ice cream and fudge.

Here was a rainbow that we saw on the ride home from Tickleberry's. The picture just doesn't do it justice.



We had a great time and I hope they did too. I hope people continue to come and visit their BC relatives (us) and explore Canada's only desert...or better yet, just move here already. What are you waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time Mary. Dad sure loves visiting with his grandkids - and his kids too. I don't think you missed out on the distribution of the cd. None of us have a copy, except dad. It's not officially launched yet I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, i don't have a copy.
    lovely pics as usual
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad told me that everyone got one for Christmas! and he couldn't believe that I hadn't. Oh well, I'll have to wait for the "official" release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking about the cd Cory and Mark did a couple of years back. Mark's cd won't be released for a month or two yet. I'll make sure everyone gets a copy. It was great to visit with Mary and family and staying at the resort for the employee rate was pretty cool. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, Tickleberry's. I'm still talking about our trip -- visiting with family was the highlight for both of us. Hope to see you at the ING in the summer. - Amy

    ReplyDelete