Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day Tea

On Friday the Nk'mip Preschool that Layla attends invited all the Mommy's to a Mother's Day Tea hosted by the children. They had picked flowers for centerpieces and made cookies the day before. The children poured us our tea. The parents had hot tea and the children had iced tea. We sat in their miniature chairs at their miniature tables and chatted over tea and cookies. The kids were so excited, and I can't speak for the other parents, but I was pretty thrilled as well. It was a great opportunity to talk to other parents and open the lines of communication for future play dates. Baron had a good time too and enjoyed his cookie and watching all of the children play.


I was lucky enough to be invited to the preschool tea in the morning, and then again for the daycare tea in the afternoon. Karen is the head of the daycare side and Layla's favorite teacher. Karen suggested they make silly faces for the picture but Layla wanted a nice one so this is the result.


Layla loves all of her teachers there but does say that teacher Kathy has too many rules. Teacher Angela came up to me giggling one day and told me that Layla had invited her to our house and promised her that when she came over her Daddy would lift her upside down and tickle her. She thought this was pretty hilarious, but I told her I couldn't make any guarantees on behalf of Greg. Teacher Angela also works part time as the kindergarten teacher where Layla will be attending next year. I will really miss the Nk'mip preschool/daycare when Layla graduates in June. I'm sure we will continue to visit until Baron is old enough to attend...should probably get on the waiting list already.

2 comments:

  1. Baron's a lucky boy..our schools never allow siblings to attend. Makes it hard for parents to attend!!
    Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time. I was impressed with the school when I was there last year. Layla's lucky to be there.

    ReplyDelete