Sunday, May 3, 2009

Layla's New Ambition

Layla has tossed around a number of possible career choices from paramedic, artist, hole digger, dentist, and of course...rock star. Her current dream is to make exercise videos. She doesn't want to wait until she is an adult either. She wants me to take her next door so she can show our neighbours how to exercise. When Amy and Curtis were here she was coaching Amy through some exercises as well. Amy was a good sport about it.
I don't have a lot of opportunity to get out of the house to exercise so I do videos at home. I have two videos, Pilates, which Layla calls the easy one, and an abs and arms one using weights. I bought Layla some 2 lb weights so she can participate. She enjoys doing it with me and gets a kick out of the girls on the video wearing "swimsuits" to exercise.
Now, even when I miss a day Layla will put the video in and do it herself. It's great because usually I give in and do it with her.
Here's Lays in her pjs working out to the 90's abs and arms video.

Don't be fooled by her size...Layla really pushes herself. She grunts and groans and talks about "feeling the burn". She's pretty intense. I love it. It's inspiring.

4 comments:

  1. that's awesome. Layla's going to be able to beat me up next time I see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the athletic shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i noticed the shoes too!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, maybe there's a market for kids exercise videos. Kenzie loves them too. Maybe they're on to something. - Amy

    ReplyDelete